Norfolk Public Schools is pleased to announce that Michelle Munderloh, Special Education Teacher, Norfolk Middle School, is the winner of the NPS Award for Excellence for January 2023.
Thank you, Michelle Munderloh, for your dedication, hard work, and service to our students, staff, and the NPS community!
Listed below are excerpts from some of the submitted narratives of Mrs. Munderloh's nomination:
- Michelle has a passion for teaching. She was born for it! Michelle is a community builder. She builds community within her classroom and is a team player on our special education team and the teams she serves. She has a thorough knowledge of the curriculum and the standards she must uphold in her classroom. Michelle ensures her teaching is meeting those standards. Michelle has the patience of a saint. She ensures that each of her students feels comfortable and supported.
- Michelle never stops advocating for her students and supporting the regular education teachers her students work with. She helps brainstorm ideas to help students succeed and provides us regular education teachers with the resources we need to help our students. She radiates positivity and knows how to make her students feel loved and accepted, yet hold them accountable.
- Michelle is a ray of sunshine and no matter what happens, she embraces the chaos of Middle School with open arms. She works with all teachers and helps them understand the students behavior or needs. We are blessed to have her at Norfolk Middle School as she exudes the District Motto “Nothing Prevents Success”.
- Michelle is an exemplary special education teacher! She holds her students accountable for their learning and is there to help them reach their full potential. She does a terrific job maintaining communication with parents and teachers.
- Michelle always has a smile for her students. She creates a positive and welcoming environment in her classroom. She puts in so much work into each of her students that each of them can achieve their goals. Michelle is truly an asset to Norfolk Middle School.
- The Middle School benefits so much from having Michelle a part of it. Michelle is a team player. Michelle has an upbeat attitude and is always willing to help in any way she can. She goes over and beyond the call of duty. Oftentimes I find her here when I get here and still here when I leave. Our students and staff are lucky to have such an amazing teacher!
- Michelle is always willing to help in whatever capacity that’s needed. Her students are the most important part of what she does. She works diligently to build bridges between the student and their parents. Michelle is a wonderful person to work alongside of.
- Michelle is a person who makes a monumental impact in the lives of others. She is a world changer and difference maker! She is a crowd favorite among staff and students alike. Kids absolutely adore her and she has a heart of gold! She challenges each student to reach their potential, while always recognizing and celebrating their personal worth.
- Michelle is the seed of motivation and inspiration for her students to grow and learn. She is not only an inspiration to her students, but also to her co-workers. As a para I have worked with Michelle and have observed her passion for teaching and I have learned from her example. She is a dedicated and ambitious teacher. Her students feel they have her complete support. Michelle is focused, but flexible and in tune with her students. Most days you will find Michelle in her classroom early and staying long past the last bell. She is always well- prepared.
- There are many qualities that make someone a wonderful teacher. Such as positivity, adaptability, patience, empathy, collaboration, dedication, etc. Michelle easily marks all of those boxes and so many more.
Michelle officially received her award at the Board of Education meeting on Monday, January 16, 2023. Please congratulate Michelle on this well-deserved award!