Norfolk Public Schools will distribute approved Flyers/Handouts from community members/organizations to share information with students and parents. Flyers/Handouts must be approved by the Student Services Director. Once approved, copies need to be delivered to Central Office, sorted by building and teacher. The Student Services Director will ensure approved items are delivered to the buildings specified. Elem buildings will send home flyers/handouts with students. Middle School will hang flyers and provide a place for copies to be picked up. Junior High and High School will hang flyers.
Guidelines for approval listed below…Must follow school policies/code of conduct
- No illegal, racist, sexist, or derogatory words or content
- No flyers that promote any religion
- No political postings
- Can not be commercial in nature
- Can be community youth clubs/organizations like Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, JOOI, YMCA, The Zone, etc.
- Job postings will not be handed out but can be posted on a job board at the school
- Athletic programs/clubs must come from program head coach and be approved by AD
- Must be available in English and Spanish
No information from non school organizations will be sent through the school messaging system.