Deb Kollmar, Norfolk Senior High Job Coach, is our winner of the NPS Award for Excellence for May 2021.
Thank you, Deb Kollmar, for your dedication, hard work, and service to our students, staff, and the NPS community!
Listed below are excerpts from some of the submitted narratives of Mrs. Kollmar's nomination:
- Deb Kollmar is one of the kindest, loving, and hard-working persons that I have ever met. With her 35+ years of
experience she exemplifies what it is to be a District employee of integrity and positivity.
- You can trust that Deb will handle any situation that she is faced with in her job with compassion and
commitment. She is not only someone that our students can trust and look up to, she is a vital role model to our
- We have a saying in our department: It is WWDD "What would Deb do?" How would Deb handle the situation,
how would Deb talk to the students? She just has a way and demeanor about her that students respond to
- I have learned so much from Deb in watching her in her role as a job coach interacting with the students and our
business partners in the community. She represents Norfolk Senior High extremely well in the community. Over
the years, she has formed great relationships with our business partners and their patrons in her role as a job
- Deb has a way about her that enhances the school environment. She is encouraging, she will lend you an ear if
you need it, she always has a warm friendly smile (even behind the mask) and she is dependable.
- Deb brings excitement to our team in many different ways such as actively participating in team building
activities with the students, to Karaoke Friday's, and any other school or community project that she is asked to
help out with. Even when the situation may not be ideal, Deb remains positive and tries to see the good in every
situation and person.
- Deb truly lives the school districts vision and mission in fostering outstanding educational opportunities for the
students. She is a source of pride and an asset to our community, as she encourages the students to pursue their
goals for the future.
- Deb helps the students develop confidence, problem solving skills and social skills so that the students can be
gainfully employed working adults when they leave our program. Deb Kollmar is most deserving of the "Award
for Excellence" for all of her years of service and dedication to Norfolk Public Schools.
- Deb Kollmar is here for the students. She gets to know the students and knows how to get them to work to be
successful. She helps them learn about self confidence, self respect, and success. She is here for the students but
she is also here for her teachers, coworkers, and all NPS staff. Deb is a worker and NPS is blessed to have an
employee like that.
Deb received her award at the Board of Education meeting that was held on Monday, May 10, 2021.
Please congratulate Deb on this well-deserved award!