We are pleased to announce that Cher Moore, Principal's Secretary, Norfolk Junior High, is the winner of the NPS Award for Excellence for September 2022.
Thank you, Cher Moore, for your dedication, hard work, and service to our students, staff, and the NPS community!
Listed below are excerpts from some of the submitted narratives of Mrs. Moore's nomination:
- Cher goes above and beyond for all staff members and students at Norfolk Junior High. I have seen her put in countless hours to help students, teachers, administrators, or other secretaries. It does not matter if she is in the middle of something, eating lunch, or has a pile of paperwork on her desk, she will help whoever is at her desk.
- Cher is one of the first voices that people hear when they call Norfolk Junior High and always does what she can to help. Cher has a passion for students and wants to be a part of their growth and education. She truly cares about Norfolk Junior High and shows it everyday she comes to work.
- Cher Moore has been and continues to be an outstanding employee for Norfolk Jr. High School. In the 20 plus years she has worked at the Jr. High, Cher has worked in our ED Room, ISS room, and served as our Activities Director secretary among many other roles she has taken on. Recently, she took on literally every Secretary position at the Jr. High in the last calendar year. To say she is a quick learner is an understatement.
- The passion, dedication, and commitment that Cher shows on a daily basis is second to none. Her love for Norfolk Public Schools and especially the Jr. High is evident in how hard she works each and every day. I have not seen many people with the type of work ethic that Cher has demonstrated. She takes tremendous pride in doing her job well and helping others do their job well.
- As a veteran staff member and veteran secretary in the office, she has helped keep our front office afloat the last year with so many new secretaries adjusting to their new roles. We are very thankful and grateful for all of Cher’s hard work and dedication to the Jr. High.
- Cher made my first year in the district so much easier last year, and I enjoy working with her every day! Thank you for all you do!
Cher received her award at the Board of Education meeting on Monday, September 12, 2022.
Please congratulate Cher on this well-deserved award!