I am pleased to announce that Mrs. Deb Brunswick (English Teacher at Norfolk Senior High School) is our winner of the NPS Award for Excellence for March 2020!
Thank you, Mrs. Brunswick, for your dedication, hard work, and service to our students, staff, and the NPS community!
Listed below are a few excerpts from some of the submitted narratives of Mrs. Brunswick's nomination:
- Deb works tirelessly to develop common formative and summative assessments, align curriculum with the ACT and state standards, and promote growth within her classroom.
- Deb has high expectations for her students and doesn’t accept less than their best.
- Deb represents our school district with pride and she is connected to our district outside of the classroom as well. For example, she has served on the district calendar committee, she has coached our Mock Trial team, and she has volunteered as an assistant coach for the debate team.
- Deb goes out of her way to share her lesson plans with the district’s new hires and she has served as a mentor to the new hires at the high school multiple times.
- Deb is driven by a growth mindset and the power of "Yet".
- Deb is a lifelong learner who works to evolve and adapt with the times. She utilizes technology within her classes and creates lesson plans that are refreshing and current.
- Deb embodies the “Nothing Prevents Success” mantra in her classroom by role-modeling a culture of resilience and caring.
- One of Deb’s greatest professional joys is when graduated students stop by to tell her of their successes, challenges, and just to say hello.
- Deb helps to further our district and building mission and goals and she leads with grace.
- Deb has written and rewritten the English 10 curriculum numerous times.
Please congratulate Mrs. Brunswick on this well-deserved award!