We are pleased to announce that Mrs. Sandy Claussen (Special Education Paraprofessional at Norfolk Junior High School) is our winner of the NPS Award for Excellence for January 2020!
Thank you, Mrs. Claussen, for your dedication, hard work, and service to our students, staff, and the NPS community!
Listed below are excerpts from some of the submitted narratives of Mrs. Claussen's nomination:
- I have had the extreme fortune of having Sandy work in my classroom for the last five years. I can't think of anyone who is as dedicated and caring as Sandy.
- Sandy's job is not an easy one. Each day Sandy comes to class ready to help special education students with whatever is asked of her that day.
- Whether the task is reviewing for a quiz, brainstorming ideas for an upcoming project, or just talking to kids and making a positive connection, Sandy gets the job done.
- Sandy does a great job in helping to modify quizzes and assignments for the students that she works with each day.
- Sandy never complains and she is able to bring out the best in every student.
- Sandy is "dialed in" to the curriculum we teach and what is expected in class.
- Sandy brings humor, care, joy and laughter to the classroom each and every day.
- Sandy not only works hard in the classroom, but she also drives a bus for the district.
- It would be easy for Sandy to be tired and not want to “give her all”, but each and every day Sandy gives 100% and she does that with a smile on her face and this brings joy to those students whose lives she touches.
- I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work alongside Sandy Claussen on a daily basis. She has made my classroom a better place to be and she has helped me become a better teacher.
- Sandy brings valuable knowledge, patience, and care to her job day in and day out.
Sandy received her award at the Board of Education meeting on Monday, January 13th, 2020.
Please congratulate Ms. Claussen on this well-deserved award!