The 2015-16 Norfolk Public Schools Annual Report is available in English and Spanish for review by all stakeholders.
10 highlights from the report include:
1. Our enrollment has grown from 3941 in 2006 to 4325, an increase of 384 students in 10 years.
2. We have an aggressive Strategic Plan in place to guide our district.
3. We have received several national awards in the last year.
4. Our graduation rate has risen from 79% in 2011 to 91% in 2016.
5. We have many great learning options available for our students, including one-to one technology, a Montessori program, career academies and early childhood services.
6. Our district NeSA Reading scores have increased 16 percent in 6 years and our district NeSA math scores have increased 11 percent in 5 years.
7. Our district MAP Reading scores have increased 21 percentile points since 2010, and our district MAP Math scores have increased by 25 percentile points.
8. Our ACT scores are consistently above state and national averages.
9. We have lowered our levy from $1.32 in 2010-2011 to $1.21 in 2015-2016.
10. Our cost per pupil is significantly below the state average.