On Friday May 14th, a track meet will be hosted for the 4th grade students at the Johnny Carson Track at the Senior High. The events will begin at 1:00 p.m. Students will be dismissed at 12:30 p.m. and bussed to the High School. Listed below are some of the guidelines by which the activities will be conducted;
1. Student attendance is required
2. Students are to be picked up by their parents between 3:15 - 3:30 at the High School Track. Students must stay until the end of the track meet. They may not leave when they are done competing. They must stay until everyone is done.
3. The events are: Long Jump and Shot Put, the 100m, 200m, 400, 800m, and a 4x100m relay.
4. All events will be a finals only against time or distance.
5. Ribbons will be given to the top 8 places in each event for boys and girls.
6. In order to participate in the 800m, the student must qualify by getting at least 32 laps in the PACER during their testing at their school.
7. Boys and Girls will compete separately. No team scores are kept.
8. All spectators must remain in the stands wearing a mask. Parents will NOT be allowed on the field. Please follow all Norfolk Public Schools COVID guidelines.
This should be a fun and exciting day for all of the participants.