We are pleased to announce that Mrs. Lisa Langenberg (Special Education Teacher at Norfolk Senior High School) is our winner of the NPS Award for Excellence for September 2020!
Thank you, Mrs. Langenberg, for your dedication, hard work, and service to our students, staff, and the NPS community!
Listed below are a few excerpts from some of the submitted narratives of Mrs. Langenberg's nomination:
- Lisa consistently shows positive support every day with her students and co-teachers. She is a reliable colleague who brings a great attitude to school. Lisa's passion for teaching shows as she cares about each one of her students. She is a fantastic leader in the SPED department by constantly helping us out on how to handle SRS. She makes each student feel welcomed and wanted at school. Lastly, she makes a delicious corn dip.
- Lisa is exceptional while working with students! She caters to every student's specific needs, and is dedicated to each and every one of her students. The patience and empathy she expresses to her students is admirable. She is truly an inspiration.
- Lisa continues to show support by communicating with her co-teachers, SPED Teachers, paras and students during the e-learning process! She answers all questions we throw at her!
- As we push through e-learning, Lisa is willing to step in the AC to give help to the paras for our AC Live zoom session! Kids are able to enter the room to get help from our paras every day!
- Lisa supports her team and stays level headed about stressful situations. She's always got our backs. She supports all of the students in need and is always willing to help in any way she can.
- A great person to bounce ideas off of and provides solid backup solutions.
- She tries to find the easiest, most effective method to accomplish whatever obstacle we are faced with.
- She is kind and caring to her students and staff. She always has time to talk and listen to the needs of others!
- She has been amazing with answering every question, and it has been incredible to see how she has been there for her students. She is always willing to go the extra mile for every single one of her students. She is absolutely amazing!!
- Lisa is a tremendous leader. She advocates first and foremost for our SPED students and the programs they are involved in. She advocates for her SPED staff (certified and classified), the classes we co-teach in and the AC program and its components. She arrives early and stays late to support our program. She's there to laugh with, cry with and be a rock to her "people". Rock on, Lisa!!!
- From AT, ED, LIFE, Resource, to Workstation and beyond she handles us ALL!
Lisa received her award at the Board of Education meeting on Monday, September 14th, 2020.
Please congratulate Mrs. Langenberg on this well-deserved award!