Ms. Kelly Sherman (Custodian at Norfolk Senior High School) is our winner of the NPS Award for Excellence for November 2019.
Thank you, Ms. Sherman, for your dedication, hard work, and service to our students, staff, and the NPS community!
Listed below are excerpts from some of the submitted narratives of Ms. Sherman's nomination:
- Kelly is a very hard worker who genuinely cares about the upkeep and appearance of Norfolk High School.
- Kelly is cognizant of our school’s safety policies - paying close attention to students and visitors who are entering and leaving our building.
- Kelly is also a wealth of information about our building - knowing many details about Norfolk High School.
- Whether she is cleaning up spills, changing light bulbs, setting up for our many activities or simply helping others with a multitude of whatever is asked, she does it and she does it very well. Kelly is most deserving of this honor.
- Kelly is a cornerstone of the NHS custodial team! She has high expectations of herself, the areas of which she is responsible, and the entire building.
- Kelly repeatedly goes above and beyond the call of duty to make Norfolk Senior High School a better place. She communicates well with students, teachers, administrators, visitors, and her team of custodians.
- Kelly has a tremendous sense of humor and her smile is infectious.
- Kelly is an outstanding worker. She is willing to put in extra time and effort into her duties. She is very helpful to other people (teachers, students, coworkers, administrators, parents, and the public) and that is greatly appreciated.
- Kelly is dependable, punctual, she has good judgment, and she is willing to take on extra duties and assignments whenever needed.
Please congratulate Ms. Sherman on this well-deserved award!